Sunday, December 10, 2006

Do Re Mi .....


I was with Adam for his music class as usual last Saturday. One of the kids mom approached me asking whether Adam had started any extra private lesson. We chat a bit and i figure out that she has been asking other parents the same question. Apparently she is worry that her son will be left behind if other kids are going extra lesson.

I told her I will only consider it when I can't cope with the lesson.Been proud of myself so far being able to teach Adam at home. Having no music background I still have lots of difficulties even with the basic 'taugeh' (note) reading, what more with other more complicated stuff.

'Kiasu' that our child is not good enough compare with others. I must confess that I am not entire free from this mentality. Sometimes we label it as wanting the best for our children. Focus on what we want and forget to see what our child need.

No comments: