Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sticky Rice Dumplings



I totally lost count of how many ( I think its close to 200pcs) we made today and my index finger is aching as i need to pull up those strings to tie it firmly. Started about 9am and it took us 6 hours to finish. My mother in law is in charge in preparing the ingredients and I am in charge of packing it.

Mom has some many special request, some wanted salted egg yolk without bean, some wanted meat with beans only, some wanted mushroom with oyster, salted egg yolk with bean and some just want lots of meat only.

We had a good laugh discovering that the some colour string tied at the top of different bunch were missing and she could not really remember what's in those different colour.

So everyone will get Fortune dumplings this year. Open up to discover what's pack inside :)

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

O this makes me drool! WC's mum has been kind enough to have some for us when we lived there. They are the ULTIMATE! Did you make them for Erin's bday. Cannot believe she is 2 today and I never sent anything for her. Hope you enjoy the day :)