Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Anti- wrinkle

Woke up this morning actually wondering whether I do looked older. Sigh .... as I spotted some extended eye lashes and how I wish I was standing in front of cracked mirror.

It must be the comment by a insensitive women that we met in a women's initiated forum on how to strengthen family bond few days ago. Dear happened to meet an ex- student there and this lady commented that dear looks 'too young' to be a Sir. Well, this is not a unusual statement that I OFTEN hear. I used to take it lightly and would even joke with dear on these comments. But this round she added by asking whether I am afraid as dear is always surrounded by young and pretty girls. Frankly, I was very.. veeeery... tempted to unveil her 'insensitivity' by asking whether her statement would also implied that I am 'too old and ugly' and should be afraid.

I wonder whether the aging, big belly me that is extraaaa sensitive... or she was just totally unkind with her words.

Oh God ... please send these people away and send your magic anti-wrinkle cream for my heart. And I think, I need a few bottles :)

2 comments:

Skyhover said...

dear, have you consulted big sis down under for remedy...ooop, have I leaked out something :-P

Sigrun said...

K also say my wrinkles look like eyelashes.... funny that- it happened last week and made me feel o so much better :) That was my remedy sent by God. BUT if you get that cream, send some this way, ya?!

I love your entry. It is so honest and raw in itself.

Sometimes we don't want to present our deepest fears. I resonate your feelings.

PS What's your man on about in the comment?!